- We may share Indentifying Information with regulatory or other legal authorities if requested to do so by a court or other government or law enforcement authority.
- We may collect and use information about you and your use of the CER sites, including Identifying Information, for our own internal purposes such as, for example, analyzing usage of the CER sites in order to improve them.
- We may use, aggregate and/or distribute information about you and your use of the CER sites in ways that do not identify you individually or reveal your identity.
- Advertisements, promotional offers, promotional e-mails, "free gifts," and links, for example, on the CER sites or sent via e-mail or other means from CER may ask for Identifying Information from you. If you provide this information, your Identifying Information may be provided (either directly from you or by CER) to the advertiser or Web site or company making the offer or providing the gift.
- CER may send users, via e-mail or other means, information relating to CER sites and/or information on specials, new products and/or promotions from our marketing partners/colleagues. The information described in these messages is intended to be of high interest or value to our users. To choose not to receive such messages, a user can simply click or go to a URL link located in the e-mail or other message, which will remove the user from future mailings. Or, for certain sites a user may edit his/her personal account information, which contains an option on receiving special offers, at any time by clicking the appropriate link on the applicable CER site.
- Occasionally we make our customer list available to other reputable organizations so you may receive offers you might find interesting. Sporadically we permit carefully selected organizations to advertise in our e-mail publications, let them sponsor product alerts or will sponsor their product offers. To stop receiving such e-mails, follow the unsubscribe instructions in the e-mail or send an e-mail to CustServ@EmployerAdvice.com at any time.
- In the course of our business, CER might buy or sell sites or assets. In these kinds of transactions, customer information (such as Identifying Information) is usually one of the transferred business assets. In the event that CER, its parent, subsidiaries, or affiliates is acquired, merged, or otherwise combined with another party, customer information (such as Identifying Information) will be one of the transferred assets.
- CER may use other companies and persons to perform certain functions for us. These functions might include, for example, processing credit card payments, providing customer service, and sending e-mail. These other companies and persons may have access to customer information (such as Identifying Information) that's needed to perform their functions, but they are not authorized to use it for any other purposes.
- We may share Identifying Information with affiliated companies, business partners and joint venturers, for example, but, we use reasonable efforts to require those companies to honor the confidentiality of such Indentifying Information.
In order to provide our users with a more complete understanding of how the CER sites collect and use information from our users, we have provided the following information:
Internet Protocol (IP) Address
The CER sites log IP addresses for systems administration, diagnostic, and site tracking purposes, and to report aggregate information to advertisers. The CER sites do not link IP addresses to information identifying users individually.
The CER sites use files called "cookies" to store usernames, passwords, and other user preferences so that users don't have to re-enter this information each time they use a particular CER site. You should be aware that advertisers serving ads on the CER sites may use their own cookies.
Opt-Out; Correcting Information
You may opt out of having Identifying Information used for non-essential purposes, disclosed to third parties or used to send promotional correspondence by contracting CER at the mailing address or email address below. You may also correct information in your registration form by contacting us at the address below. To ensure that your intention in the email is clear, you should include the words “opt-out” and “Indentifying Information” in the subject field of such email. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact:
California Employer Resources
1819 Polk St. #290
San Francisco, CA 94109